Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Darom

  Keeping with my good rhythm of blog post, I write about our canoeing trip almost a month later ;)

 The 26 of April there are in different parts of Lithiuania a lot of activities about picking garbage . People go to the natural parks with bags, clean the area a little and have a nice day in the outside. I think it´s a bright idea that shows how much lituanians apreciate their land. I would love to export it to Spain!

 In Ignalina district the local action group organize a kayak trip with the porpouse of cleaning the river Kiauna. It started in Pakyaunys and finish at Kukliai.

  The day couldn´t be better: sunny and bright, without a cloud in the sky. And here it is a our cleaning team, small but very powerfull! (thanks girls for the photos!)


 We divided in couples fro the kayaks and, even if he tried to avoid it, Calum had the bad luck of ending with me, sorry mate! We decided to start with a certain organization: one team cheeking the right side, other the left and the third making sure it was alright. But after a while, the river was so beautifull that we forgot about it and just relax and enjoy the view (or it was just me?? )




We spot some animals, like swams, ducks and a very relaxed grass-snake, taking a sun bath in the shore. I don´t know if you hear about the lithuanian leggend about Eagle and the grass-snake, but if you didn´t here it is Ms. Wikipedia to help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egl%C4%97_the_Queen_of_Serpents



There was a lot of threes in the midle of the river, so we had to avoid them.Calum and me were complaining about the person who cut them in such a stupid way...and ten minutes latter: ahhh, beavers! (yes, we are kind of slow)



 One of this trees cuted by mean bevers was cuting the pass. Intersting to see the differents ways of acting of our group . Some decided to go down and carry the kayak. We decided to pass the kayak under the tree and surpinsingly it work!!



A nice moment of cooperation was when we had a little bridge on the way. Algirdas and me went down the kayak and keep it up, so the rest could pass down. Garei dirba!


But the best moment for me was the furius fight for a can that was floating in the midle of the river. All the three kayaks run in to it like if it was made of gold. When we reached it, I expected music and fireworks: I felt like if I had the most important thing of the world between my hands!

  
  When we arrive to the meeting point, we were proud of ourselfs for our seven bags full of garbage (even if it sounds strange when you read it outloud!)





 Then it was time to rest and enjoy the day...



1 comment: