Monday, June 30, 2014

The holliday camp

 I used to work with kids teaching them outdoors activities, art and craft and also couching trouble children. I love spending time with them, maybe because, at my 23 years, I'm still a kid.

That´s why I had a great time in the summer camp organize in Reskutenai. We were spending there two nights with 14 children of different ages. The place where we spend the night was spooky: an old priest house full with crucifixes and photos of Benedic XVI. But maybe because of that was more fun to sleep there!





I really conect with the kids. They were in love with the hot potato game, so we play a lot and it was a lot of fun. I also draw a kid a tatto of a skull and it look nice, so he was very proud of it. One evening I made a fire and we roast marshmallows and sausages there. Later we dance and sing tradicional songs.




Other day, a few villagers came to give us a show with dated instruments and talk about the life in the old days.




The last day we went to Reskutenai museum, where there are a Nalš ia Ethnographic Museum Reskutenai Branch, where you can find a lot of different objets; from a metheorite to old soldiers uniforms.





I spend a brilliant couple of days with the kids. Thanks guys!


Calum

No comments:

Post a Comment