Monday, May 14, 2018

MALONU


Dear Lithuania and Lithuanians, nice to meet you!

I am Stefania, from Italy, the new EVS* volunteer in the Aukštaitija National Park and I will write this blog about my experience.


I arrived in this marvellous place some weeks ago, when the lakes where still frozen and trees were still sleeping. Got off the plane in the late afternoon I found a sunny weather accompanied by a pretty crazy wind. Not too warm but still not what you expect travelling towards North!

Already from the plane I could discern the typical landscape, but after landed I could appreciate it totally: villages, towns and fields are alternate with woods… although it is a flat country, approximately 33% of Lithuanian territory is covered by forests! That’s a lot!!



But this should not surprise: it seems that Lithuanians have a good attitude to the environment. Because of their past and pagan traditions, they have developed a special relation with nature. This topic is very interesting, it deserves more attention...Volunteering in the national park is a good starting point for it, I’ll try to find out more!



* EVS: the European Voluntary Service is part of the Erasmus+ Programme.



No comments:

Post a Comment