Monday, April 22, 2013

A surprise visit!

Last week we had a very special visitor in our office. It was Edouard, former volunteer in Aukštaitija National Park in 2011! Nobody knew he was coming, so we were all very surprised... It was very nice for us to meet our predecessor, and we could ask him so many questions! Especially me, since he traveled for 6 months by bike, and I wish to travel like that as well, so I caught the opportunity to ask him to give me suggestions and impressions about his trip. He also told us about his 2 years in New Zealand, and how that changed his life. And he impressed us by talking Lithuanian with the staff, giving us a motivation boost!
While in the office, he expressed the wish to go back to the sauna; Linas heard that and, in no time, it was all set for the evening to go... What an organization! I'm not really a fan of saunas and hot air, so I can't really say I liked it, Blagovesta will write better things about it... But one thing I surely enjoyed was the warm bath outside, under a starlit sky!
Next day we went with him through the botanical trail. We enjoyed the walk while also recording a GPX track for visitors, and he told us about what to expect in summer: berries everywhere! I can't wait to see that...


Unfortunately he had to go back to Vilnius already, and we even forgot to take a picture together... unforgivable! We hope to meet him again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment